Critical Career Training Opportunities
by John Kuzmich, Jr.
December 29, 2003
Back to Table
- The LDS Church Regional Employment Center (phone: 303-371-9180)
is an important resource for upgrading your employment portfolio. In order
to use their services, make an appointment with your Bishop or Branch President.
He will give you a signed form to take to the employment center that authorizes
you to use their services. For example, the Church Regional Employment Center
is now offering a new two-day career workshop twice a month. It is highly
recommended for anyone in your ward or branch who is currently in need of
employment. The workshop's graduation rate is 40% equal or better job within
a 30 day period and 51% within a 90 day period. Below is a synopsis of what
is being included in this career workshop.
- Interviewing: Your interviewing skills will be videotaped
and evaluated, both before and after training.
- Networking: You will develop a networking plan, making networking
contacts, put together a networking database and leave with a refined
30 second summary.
- Resume Writing: You will perfect your resume, make on the spot
changes & refine your achievement statements.
- Class space is limited to 12 people per career workshop
so advance registration is required. Please call 303-371-9180 to make
- Graduates of this workshop have a high rate of success in finding employment.
The employment rate has been as high as 35% within the first month of
- Brand-new free career training classes sponsored by the LDS Regional Employment
Center. Go to: <http://www.kuzmich.com/Church/Bulletin.html>.
Published class schedule now available for 2004 from January through December.
- Additionally, the following services are also available
at the LDS Regional Employment Center:
- Job seeker work stations
- New Computers and programs
- Telephone, FAX and copy machines
- High speed Internet access (DSL)
- Community resource material
- Networking resources