2012 Eastern European Family History Trip
With Jazz Technology Clinics & Sight-Seeing!
by John Kuzmich, Jr
May 3 to May 24, 2012
Krempachy, Poland Relatives with Tadeusz, Our Polish Genealogist, All in Stitches!
Here's a tabulation of what photos Roslyn and I took in Europe. There are now 28 photo albums covering every place we visited in Slovenia, Ukraine, Poland, Venice and Paris.
- Novo Mesto, Slovenia (the birth place of my Turk ancestors): http://jalbum.net/a/1171626/
- Franci Bacar Family (Novo Mesto, Slovenia relatives): http://jalbum.net/a/1169758/
- Ljubljana, Slovenia LDS Church and Friends: http://jalbum.net/a/1169753/
- Donetsk 3rd Day, Ukraine: covering the jazz tech clinic at the Prokofiev Conservatory of Music in Donetsk and the European Ironworks Park which was extraordinary:: http://jalbum.net/a/1183471/
- Heorkvka Cemetery near Maxillianakova, Ukraine: http://jalbum.net/a/1183487/
- Hostre near Maksimilanova, Ukraine: : the home of Yaroslav and his family including Irina and Sergei: http://jalbum.net/a/1183498/
- Lesnica, Poland: the birth place of my great-grandfather, Wojciech Galiniak, and home of descendents living there today with the GAL surname. http://jalbum.net/a/1183506/ And Roslyn and I will visit the mother in Madison, Wisconsin in July.
- Maxillianakova, Ukraine 1: more photos from Ivan Majc of Slovenia: http://jalbum.net/a/1183515/
- Nowa Biala, Poland: birth place of my great-grandmother, Anna Kucsala: http://jalbum.net/a/1183520/
- Anatoly's World: Maxillianakova, Ukraine: http://jalbum.net/a/1183532/
- Maxillianakova, Ukraine school graduation: Liev is in charge of all the multimedia: http://jalbum.net/a/1183539/ like no other high school graduation you have ever seen.
- Maxillianakova school graduation evening ceremony: http://jalbum.net/a/1183550/ like no other high school graduation you have ever seen.
- More photos of Poland & Ukraine: a potpourri of photos: http://jalbum.net/a/1183553/ Including photos from the top of the bell tower (1485 A.D.) at the Krempachy church overlooking Krempachy.
- Pictures from Slovenia: http://jalbum.net/a/1183559/
- Kiev, Ukraine and host family, (Nickolay Velbovets): http://jalbum.net/a/1171688/
- Welcome to Maxilliankova, Ukraine (my Ukrainian ancestors): http://jalbum.net/a/1171696/
- Donetsk, Ukraine (second day) : http://jalbum.net/a/1173642/
- The latest edition is a historic collection of photos of our Ukrainian ancestors who were ethnically cleansed from Snietnica, Poland to eastern Ukraine in 1947. URL is http://jalbum.net/a/1184736/.
- Warsaw -Krempachy, Poland: http://jalbum.net/a/1173696/
- Krempachy-Snietnica-Krakow-Warsaw, Poland: http://jalbum.net/a/1176325/
- Krempachy. Poland, day 1: http://jalbum.net/a/1174243/
- Poland day 2: http://jalbum.net/a/1176325/
- Snietnica, Poland (birth place of Kuzmich ancestors): http://jalbum.net/a/1175347/
- Venice, Italy, day 1: http://jalbum.net/a/1178607/
- Venice, Italy, day 2: http://jalbum.net/a/1180087/
- Paris, France, day 1: http://jalbum.net/a/1179978/
- Paris, France, day 2: http://jalbum.net/a/1179962/
- 184 candid photos in Slovenia, Ukraine and Poland: http://jalbum.net/a/1188289/
For 360 degree virtual panorama photographs, go to http://www.kuzmich2.com/Majc%20Dropbox/index.html. There are more coming and several of them don't work yet, but will be corrected soon. The virtual panorama photos are keepsakes for virtual tours of our ancestors.
Very first video.
- Hard Rock Cafe in Warsaw, Poland at near midnight : http://www.kuzmich2.com/2012 Europe/A Video Hard Rock Cafe Warsaw.wmv
- Many videos forthcoming but I'm not on a time-line so please be patient.
Hope you enjoy the photos and their memories.